Bearsted's Music on the Green a "brilliant" success
Monday 19th September 2016
Bearsted's Music on the Green (MOTG) raised more than £15,000 to be split between three charities.
The Goodman Centre and Rainbows Play and National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty (NSPCC) to Children will each receive £7,494 while the Rainbows Play Group will get a donation of £384.
The income generated by the sell-out event – which included music from a wide variety of different acts including The Kick Backs – was £41,578 with costs of £23,956.
After tax and income retained for 2017, the amount raised for charitable distribution was £15,372.
Organiser Jo Conner said that the event “went brilliantly” and the “positive feedback has been pretty much across the board”.
Full story and more Bearsted news, read Downs Mail east edition out next week
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- REMEMBRANCE: Where to find your poppy this year - details
- DUMPED: Dozens of chickens left in village near Maidstone, says RSPCA
- WANTED: Police search for suspect in burglary and assault at service station
- FREE SCHOOL MEALS: County council offers £15 per child to avoid half-term hunger
- SINKHOLE DRAMA: Another land collapse in Barming - close to new homes
- 999 ALERT: Woman injured sparks major emergency scramble - details
- PAUL HOOKER: A mass of floral tributes to local man who died in crash