Boxer Ollie closer to title
Tuesday 1st April 2014
MAIDSTONE light-middleweight Ollie Lawrence has taken a large step towards national title glory in the UK’s Queensbury Boxing League.
The undefeated 21-year-old, from Allington, produced a mesmerising display of ring skills during a close-fought four-round points victory over Northampton’s Darryl Davidson.
Speaking after the fight, Ollie, who started out as a junior for Maidstone Amateur Boxing Club, described the contest as his toughest yet. He said: “I take my hat off to Darryl Davidson, he has my utmost respect.”
The event took place at Copthorne Hotel, Effingham, West Sussex. He will challenge for the national title at the Epsom Downs Racecourse in Surrey in April.
Ollie is pictured in action against Darryl Davidson
- CLOSED: Road shut for two days for carriageway repairs
- BARN BLAZE: Six fire engines sent to tackle massive hay bale fire near Maidstone
- BREAK-IN: Thieves target post office near Maidstone
- LATEST: General Election 2019 results
- UPDATE: Major delays due to broken down vehicle on main road in Maidstone
- UPDATE: Woman, 80, dies after serious collision near Maidstone
- CONGRATULATIONS:Kent Life scoops top tourism award for Christmas Experience
- Drunken Robert King threatened officers before urinating in back seat