DownsMail

  • Follow us on Linkedin
Maidstone and Malling's No.1 Newspaper
  • Accurate, reliable and balanced news

  • Available to pick up at major supermarkets in mid Kent

  • Advertising options to suit all business types

Boxley farmer ordered by High Court to clear up dump site

Wednesday 10th February 2021

A BOXLEY farmer has been ordered to stop using an ancient woodland as an area to store and burn rubbish.
Maidstone Borough Council was granted an interim High Court injunction to cease illegal waste disposal and retore the site, which is in an area of outstanding natural beauty (AONB).
Langley Frank Beck, of Bell Lane, has been told he must stop using the land to store caravans, vehicles, building material, green waste, scrap metal or any other waste.
MBC went to the High Court last month after Mr Beck ignored an enforcement notice after several visits from the council, police and fire service.
Boxley ward councillor Bob Hinder said he is "delighted" by MBC's action anfd declared it was a "long time coming". 
James Bailey, MBC's planning and development manager, said any breach of the order could lead to a fine, imprisonment and assets being seized. 
A final heaing is due to be held on Friday at which Mr Beck or his legal representatives can produce evidence in defence.
There have been many complaints about activities at the site including the burning of cars, buses and caravans.
A council said it will monitor the situation to ensure the terms of the injunction are being met. 

Social

facebooktwitter