Boys sought for the serious beating of a man in Maidstone
Thursday 9th August 2018
A MAN has suffered severe facial injuries after a beating in the centre of Maidstone by teenage boys.
Kent Police said the victim reported being attacked on Friday 27 July 2018, after approaching a group of people suspected of firing a catapult at properties in the Blythe Road area.
The incident happened at around 7.20pm, at the junction with Square Hill Road. Two of the group are said to have repeatedly punched and kicked the victim in the face.
A statement said: "One of the suspects is described as being a teenage boy. He was white, of stocky build and around 5ft 8ins tall. He wore a red t-shirt and dark coloured shorts and trainers. He was also said to be in possession of a catapult.
"The second suspect was of a similar age and around 5ft 6ins tall, with long blond slicked back hair. He was wearing a black t-shirt and blue shorts with a black strip down the side.
"Two other boys in the group are described as being aged between 10 and 12, but were not involved in the alleged assault.
"As part of the ongoing investigation, officers have carried out house to house enquires and are continuing to review any possible CCTV opportunities.
"They are also urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to come forward. Police would particularly like to speak to a passer-by who is said to have helped the victim by stopping her car and allowing him to get in, before driving to safety."
Anyone with information is asked to call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference YY/026771/18. Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers in Kent anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning