Burglar Lisa Calamari, 51, gets three years for house theft
Thursday 16th May 2019
BUNGLING burglar Lisa Calamari, who stole a mobile phone from an elderly man’s carer, has been jailed for three years.
Calamari was was filmed at the property on CCTV and was arrested in April.
The 51-year-old, of Gorse Avenue, Chatham, pleaded guilty to burglary and attempted burglary and was sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday May 15.
A police statement said: "The first offence took place on February 12 2019 and saw Calamari enter the victim’s home, in the Walderslade Road area, at around 8pm.
"Calamari was captured on camera entering the property through a back door and she went on to steal a high value mobile phone that had been left in the kitchen.
"The phone belonged to a carer, who was assisting an elderly man living at the address."
On March 9, she was filmed returning to the property. Like before, she was seen walking around the back of the property and attempting to open the same door. On this occasion she was unable to get into the address and left the scene with no items.
Images of Calamari were circulated among officers, who were able to identify her as the offender.
Detective Constable Dan Bister, the investigating officer for this case, said: "Calamari targeted the address of a vulnerable man for her own financial gain.
"There is no justification for her actions and I am pleased the court have imposed a strong sentence that means she is unable to target other innocent people."
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home