Bus service for staff and patients to relieve busy road to Maidstone Hospital
Monday 13th January 2020
STAFF are being offered a free bus service to work at Maidstone Hospital.
The Arriva service is being used in a move to encourage staff to take a different route to work.
The bus service will run between the busy Hermitage Lane site of the hospital and the park and ride in Beaver Road, Allington.
The trial is part of Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust’s sustainable travel plan. It comes at a time of concerns about staff and users being stuck in traffic, and of others missing appointment times.
NHS staff will need to show their NHS ID card, while visitors and outpatients will also be able to use the return service - which runs every 30 minutes - Monday to Friday - for £2 or £2.50 a family.
The Trust says the service will be reviewed in three months’ time.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population