CAR CRASH: Rush hour delays to journeys this morning near Maidstone
Friday 31st July 2020
MOTORISTS are being warned of severe delays after a car crash in a village near Maidstone.
A man was injured in the crash and was being treated at the scene.
The collision happened on the B2163 between Leeds and Langley.
Residents have complained for years that police do not enforce the HGV ban in the village and that congestion continue to get worse as house-building continues without infrastructure improvements.
The incident is causing chaos with motorists trying to turn around in the congested road.
Kent Highways Tweeted: "Leeds, Upper Street. Delays in the area due to an RTC. Approach with caution."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- LATEST: Plan for 80 flats on former Somerfield Hospital site
- SPORTS: The Mote features in cricket grounds book
- LATEST: Kent Covid-19 deaths reach 1,650
- NEW M&S: Eclipse Park store opens tomorrow - details
- BREAKING: Police attend broken down vehicle on main road near Maidstone
- CLOSED: Delays and disruption as burst water main shuts road near Maidstone
- DELAYS: New roundabout works near Maidstone