CAR CRASH: Rush hour delays to journeys this morning near Maidstone
Friday 31st July 2020
MOTORISTS are being warned of severe delays after a car crash in a village near Maidstone.
A man was injured in the crash and was being treated at the scene.
The collision happened on the B2163 between Leeds and Langley.
Residents have complained for years that police do not enforce the HGV ban in the village and that congestion continue to get worse as house-building continues without infrastructure improvements.
The incident is causing chaos with motorists trying to turn around in the congested road.
Kent Highways Tweeted: "Leeds, Upper Street. Delays in the area due to an RTC. Approach with caution."
- URGENT APPEAL: Boy, 18, dies in hospital after crash in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Bin collection days to change as routes grow in Maidstone
- DETAILS: Roads to shut in Staplehurst for emergency gas works
- DETAILS: New building to replace much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Council considers new rules to control street busking
- DETAILS: Scout group needs new leaders and helpers
- LATEST: Plan for 60 flats on Somerfield Hospital site agreed
- WARNING: Burst water pipe shuts busy road in Bearsted