CCTV APPEAL: Maidstone shop worker racially abused over face mask request
Monday 19th April 2021
A MAIDSTONE shop worker was threatened and racially abused after asking a customer to wear a face mask.
The incident happened at Greggs in The Mall at around 9.10am on April 2.
Th suspect entered the store and was challenged by a member of staff who was concerned he was not wearing a face mask.
The man is reported to have then made threats to assault the victim and shouted racial abuse, before leaving the premises.
Officers believe the person pictured could have important information and are asking anyone who recognises him to contact them.
If you have information which could assist the investigation call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/53962/21.
You can also contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or by using the online form.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone