CHARGED: Maidstone man 'stole cigarettes and tabacco' from wholesale suppliers
Thursday 13th February 2020
FOUR people have been charged with robbing shop keepers of goods.
Between December 15 and 20 January 2020, Kent Police received reports of three robberies and two thefts from retailers buying cigarettes and tobacco from wholesale suppliers in Rochester and Gillingham.
The victims were either targeted in the warehouse car parks or followed back to their shops. Quantities of cigarettes and cash were reported stolen in each incident.
Following enquiries, Danielle Hawley, 37, of Sherborne Road, Orpington, Nelson Ripley, 32, of Tonbridge Road, Maidstone, Tara Todd-Dunning, 29, of Laymarsh Close, Belvedere and Archie Ripley, 25, of McKillop Way, Sidcup were charged with conspiring to commit robbery and conspiring to commit theft.
Nelson Ripley was remanded in custody to appear at Medway Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, January 13 2020. At the hearing, he was further remanded to appear at Maidstone Crown Court at a date to be confirmed.
Archie Ripley, Hawley and Todd-Dunning were released on bail to appear at Medway Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, March 17.
- WE'RE BACK AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- OTHAM HOUSING: Second councillor withdraws from crunch meeting on Monday
- Who is to blame for mystery Mote Park sewage stench?
- TRAFFIC DELAYS: Temporary lights on main road in Maidstone
- ROADS: Six schemes to improve highways in Maidstone meet with objections
- CRASH: Motorists face rush hour delays following crash near Maidstone
- OTHAM HOUSING: Councillor Gordon Newton pulls out ahead of crunch homes vote
- LATEST: Yalding Hill to shut