CHARGED: Maidstone man 'stole power tools and letters' and 'assaulted policeman'
Wednesday 25th March 2020
A SUSPECTED burglar has been charged following a Maidstone break-in.
At around 10am on Sunday, March 22, 2020, patrols were called to a reported intruder at a property in Lushington Road, Ringlestone.
Jason Higgins (49) of Milton Street, Maidstone was arrested later the same day.
Officers also seized a quantity of power tools and letters.
Mr Higgins was later charged with burglary. He was also charged with assaulting an emergency worker at Maidstone police station.
Mr Higgins appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, March 24 where he was conditionally bailed to a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on April 17.
- CHARGED: Snodland man Steven Seeley, 37, 'grabbed officer's throat'
- CORONAVIRUS: Firefighters see rise in bonfire 999 calls
- CORONAVIRUS: £25million to be awarded to Maidstone businesses
- CORONAVIRUS: Leeds Castle pays tribute to the NHS
- CORONAVIRUS: Help for domestic abuse victims in Kent
- BREAKING: Bearsted hit by six Coronavirus deaths
- GALLERY: Leeds artist to hold virtual tutorials and online shop
- Deer spotted on Weavering Heath last night