CHARGED: Maidstone man 'stole power tools and letters' and 'assaulted policeman'
Wednesday 25th March 2020
A SUSPECTED burglar has been charged following a Maidstone break-in.
At around 10am on Sunday, March 22, 2020, patrols were called to a reported intruder at a property in Lushington Road, Ringlestone.
Jason Higgins (49) of Milton Street, Maidstone was arrested later the same day.
Officers also seized a quantity of power tools and letters.
Mr Higgins was later charged with burglary. He was also charged with assaulting an emergency worker at Maidstone police station.
Mr Higgins appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, March 24 where he was conditionally bailed to a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on April 17.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DRUGS: Maidstone man and woman charged with crack and heroin supply
- HEATWAVE: Temperatures to hit 34C this afternoon in Maidstone
- LATEST: 495 active Covid-19 cases in Maidstone
- OVERNIGHT: Blue Bell Hill to shut - details
- UPDATE: Bearsted road closure rescheduled - details
- LATEST: Speed limit plan backed near Maidstone
- LEEDS CASTLE: Attraction faces huge losses and job cuts