CHARGED: Number plate 'thieves' target Detling Aerodrome site
Thursday 22nd July 2021
TWO suspected Detling burglars who allegedly stole car parts and three sets of number plates have been charged.
Tom Buckley, 31, of St Clair Close, Oxted, Surrey and Abraham Hilden, 20, of Scallows Lane, Romsey, targeted a private yard at Detling Aerodrome industrial estate at around 12.55pm on July 19.
They reportedly left the area in a Ford Transit van that was later stopped by a police patrol on Medway City Estate, Rochester.
Mr Buckley was also charged with driving whilst disqualified and no insurance.
Mr Buckley appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court where he was conditionally bailed to a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on August 19.
Mr Hilden was bailed to the same hearing.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone