CHARGED: Suspected fraudster charged after series of scams in Maidstone
Thursday 13th June 2019
A SUSPECTED fraudster pretended to be in distress as part of a series of scams in Maidstone.
Kent Police has been investigating a number or reported offences between April and June 2019, where well-meaning members of the public have given money to a woman claiming to be in distress.
It is alleged victims have been duped into handing over cash after being approached by the suspect and told her bank cards had been stolen, or was in need of a locksmith.
June Kathleen Perry (54) of Acorn Place in Maidstone was arrested.
She has now been charged with two counts of fraud by false representation in the Maidstone area and a further charge of possessing heroin.
She has been bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates Court on July 12.
- CRASH: Collision causing long delays on main road in Maidstone
- WEATHER: Met Office announce heatwave warning for Kent
- EVENT: Tyson Fury is coming to Maidstone
- LATEST: Road to shut for six weeks in Maidstone
- WARNING: Footway closure near Maidstone
- WARNING: Road shuts for pothole repair works near Maidstone
- WARNING: Six day road closure to repair electricity fault near Maidstone
- DONATION: Charity benefits as planning campaign continues in Marden