CHARITY: Danny Bastone raises over £3,000 for Kent MS Therapy Centre
Monday 29th April 2019
A MAN from Grove Green raised over £3,000 for Kent MS Therapy Centre running the London Marathon over the weekend.
Danny Bastone (41,) participated in his first ever marathon yesterday, completing 26.2 miles in just five hours.
Mr Bastone wrote: “Thank you to everyone that supported me on the day by coming up to London all the messages and calls on the day with support were totally overwhelming.
“Thank you all those generous enough to sponsor me, we managed to raise £3,220.30 for a really worthy charity, the Kent MS Therapy Centre.”
He ran alone amongst thousands of other competitors, and exceeded his target by over £700.
A spokesman for Kent MS Therapy Centre said: "Everyone here at KMSTC would like to thank Danny so much for taking on this challenge for us and to all his friends and family who provided a fantastic cheer squad along the route."
He will be competing in the Prudential London to Surrey Ride100 in August and the London to Brighton off road bike challenge in October.
To donate, click here
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone