CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
Friday 19th July 2019
A life-saving piece of equipment worth £51,000 has been bought for Maidstone Hospital’s Emergency Department, thanks to the league of friends.
The charity funded the portable Sonosite X-Porte ultrasound machine, which allows doctors to scan patients for a collapsed lung and blood in the abdomen or chest, symptomatic of conditions including abdominal aortic aneurysm - a bulge in the aorta that can cause life-threatening bleeding if it bursts. In addition, it provides images that help staff place chest drains and find suitable veins to administer drugs. The X-Porte also allows doctors to take videos and photos of scans.
The hospital trust thanked Maidstone Hospital League of Friends for its generosity in providing the machine, adding: “Since arriving on ED, this wonderful piece of kit has been used every day and has made a life-changing difference to numerous patients.”
- M20 CRASH: Lane blocked following collision in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision on main road sparks delays in Maidstone
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on busy road in Maidstone
- Brothers to represent GB in European skating championships
- POLL: Does the borough council keep the roads clean and free of flytipping?
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on main road for over 3 weeks near Maidstone
- WARNING: Major travel delays due to 'signalling problem' in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC: Lane closures in Maidstone town centre - expect more delays