CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
Friday 19th July 2019
A life-saving piece of equipment worth £51,000 has been bought for Maidstone Hospital’s Emergency Department, thanks to the league of friends.
The charity funded the portable Sonosite X-Porte ultrasound machine, which allows doctors to scan patients for a collapsed lung and blood in the abdomen or chest, symptomatic of conditions including abdominal aortic aneurysm - a bulge in the aorta that can cause life-threatening bleeding if it bursts. In addition, it provides images that help staff place chest drains and find suitable veins to administer drugs. The X-Porte also allows doctors to take videos and photos of scans.
The hospital trust thanked Maidstone Hospital League of Friends for its generosity in providing the machine, adding: “Since arriving on ED, this wonderful piece of kit has been used every day and has made a life-changing difference to numerous patients.”
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway