CLARE PARK: Young thugs target club's bowling green
Friday 14th May 2021
MEMBERS of Clare Park Bowls Club have been left frustrated and angry over the daylight destruction of its green.
Vandals as young as ten years old have destroyed remembrance benches, ripped apart metal fencing, and wrecked £7,000 worth of new bowls edging.
Member Clive Frewer, 56, says the yobs have damaged the green so severely that many bowlers refuse to use it and travel elsewhere.
The West Borough Primary School music teacher said: “We are so lucky to have this club and it’s a shame these kids abuse it like this.
“They leave tyre marks on the green, rip apart the benches, urinate on the gates and break in through the metal fencing. No matter how many times I repair it, I find it broken again the next day.
“In the last two weeks I have collected six full bags of rubbish. It makes you wonder who the parents of these children are, as they obviously don’t care they have completely ruined a lovely piece of land that will be costly to replace.”
Member John Sinfield, 74, of Lower Fant Road, claims he made the trip to the police station about the increase in vandalism and was told to report it online instead.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone