CLOSED: Three day road closure for fallen tree works near Maidstone
Monday 11th February 2019
THERE are road closures from February 12 to 15 (09:00-15:00) on the A2045 Walderslade Woods in Aylesford.
The closures will be between Fossington Way and Boxley Road for tree works.
A spokesman for Kent Highways said: “The exceptional weather conditions last weekend caused a large number of trees to fail in the Walderslade area. Walderslade Woods Road being hit the hardest.
“As part of our ongoing inspections we have identified that additional work is required to remove some of the remaining trees on the banks of this road. This is to reduce the potential of trees failing that are now exposed to the prevailing wind and to clear away debris.”
“This closure will allow our tree contractor a safe working zone to remove trees and will also provide the necessary access for their machinery. The closure will be from the Boxley Road roundabout to Fossington Way Roundabout.”
- M20: Highways England issues weekly list of disruptions and delays
- SCHOOLS: Council resists public protests and passes M20 application
- BLAZE: Victim suffers facial burns in out of control bonfire near Maidstone
- WARNING: Emergency road closure on busy road in Maidstone
- FOUND: Police arrest man in connection to Land Rover theft near Maidstone
- UPDATE: Motorway re-opens after two car collision
- CRASH: Air ambulance crew arrive to help person trapped inside overturned car
- M20: Broken down lorry blocks lane on motorway in Maidstone