CLOSED: Three day road closure for fallen tree works near Maidstone
Monday 11th February 2019
THERE are road closures from February 12 to 15 (09:00-15:00) on the A2045 Walderslade Woods in Aylesford.
The closures will be between Fossington Way and Boxley Road for tree works.
A spokesman for Kent Highways said: “The exceptional weather conditions last weekend caused a large number of trees to fail in the Walderslade area. Walderslade Woods Road being hit the hardest.
“As part of our ongoing inspections we have identified that additional work is required to remove some of the remaining trees on the banks of this road. This is to reduce the potential of trees failing that are now exposed to the prevailing wind and to clear away debris.”
“This closure will allow our tree contractor a safe working zone to remove trees and will also provide the necessary access for their machinery. The closure will be from the Boxley Road roundabout to Fossington Way Roundabout.”
- HEADCORN STABBING: arrested man released on police bail - details
- MURDER LATEST: Stop Maidstone's 'descent into barbarism' - local councillor
- MURDER: Four arrested after man 'was stabbed to death' in Maidstone
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: man knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20