CLOSURE: BT works to last FIVE DAYS in village near Maidstone
Friday 7th December 2018
BT Openreach work will mean the closure of a road in a village near Maidstone.
The highway will be shut for up to five days while the job is completed.
Alternative routes will be in place.
A statement from Kent County Council said: "Temporary Road Closure – Vicarage Road, Yalding & West Street, Hunton – from 14 January 2019 for up to 5 days and nights between 09.30hrs and 15.30 hrs and 20.00hrs and 06.00hrs. The road will be closed between B2010 High Street and Hunton Hill.
"The alternative route is via Hunton Hill, Upper Hunton Hill, B2163 Heath Road/Ewell Lane, B2010 Smith’s Hill/Yalding Hill/High Street and vice versa.
The closure is to enable works on an underground structure to be carried out by BT Openreach.
- EXCLUSIVE: Maidstone council's High Court battle over relief road cash goes on
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays