CLOSURE: BT works to last FIVE DAYS in village near Maidstone
Friday 7th December 2018
BT Openreach work will mean the closure of a road in a village near Maidstone.
The highway will be shut for up to five days while the job is completed.
Alternative routes will be in place.
A statement from Kent County Council said: "Temporary Road Closure – Vicarage Road, Yalding & West Street, Hunton – from 14 January 2019 for up to 5 days and nights between 09.30hrs and 15.30 hrs and 20.00hrs and 06.00hrs. The road will be closed between B2010 High Street and Hunton Hill.
"The alternative route is via Hunton Hill, Upper Hunton Hill, B2163 Heath Road/Ewell Lane, B2010 Smith’s Hill/Yalding Hill/High Street and vice versa.
The closure is to enable works on an underground structure to be carried out by BT Openreach.
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning