COBTREE PARK: Council-run snack bar targeted by thieves
Tuesday 4th July 2017
A COUNCIL-run café has been targeted by thieves who made off with cash and other items.
Police were called to reports of the burglary at Cobtree Cabin Café in Forstal Manor Rd, Aylesford at the end of May.
Maidstone Borough Council has since implemented “additional security measures” after the thefts at the Cobtree Park snack bar.
Kent Police confirmed a safe containing a quantity of cash, a strimmer and some petrol were taken.
A statement said: “Kent Police were called to investigate a report of burglary at Cobtree Cabin Cafe in Forstal Manor Road, Aylesford, believed to have happened between 12.50am and 1.04am on Tuesday 30 May 2017.
“A safe containing a quantity of cash was reported stolen along with a strimmer and an amount of petrol.
“Officers have investigated and no suspects have yet been identified.”
A spokesman for Maidstone Borough Council said: “The Cobtree Park café was broken into during the May bank holiday.
“The police have reviewed the CCTV evidence and are continuing with their lines of investigation. As a result of the incident additional security measures have been implemented.”
Anyone with information can call Kent Police on 01622 604100 quoting crime reference YY/014315/17.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone