CORONAVIRUS: Maidstone figures go up but remain fraction of national average
Thursday 29th October 2020
THE number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in Maidstone more than doubled in the past week (to October 24) to 61.7 per 100,000 - but massively below the current national average.
With a Maidstone borough population now in excess of 170,000 this relates to a total of just 106 people.
In the previous week the 100,000 figure was 28.
The latest per 100,000 totals for neighbouring Kent areas are:
Tonbridge & Malling 54.5
Tunbridge Wells 50.5
The national figure for England is: 219.5
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight