CORONAVIRUS: Music on the Green 2021 cancelled
Tuesday 22nd September 2020
MUSIC on the Green has been cancelled for next year.
Bearsted's much-loved open-air music event, located on the village green, will not go ahead in 2021.
Organisers, who would usually already be planning the annual event, say there is no way everybody’s safety can be ensured due to Coronavirus.
A spokesman said: “I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone, but sadly we will not be able to proceed with an event for 2021.
“We were excited about the prospect of coming back with a bang, but there really is no way that we can ensure the safety of all attendees in the current climate.
“We would normally have already commenced planning for next year by this point. We are obviously not in the position to do that.
“We hope that we will be able to bring the event back in the future, not least of all, for the artists, the attendees and of course for the charities that we support.”
“Until then…keep singing!”
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- GBH CHARGE: Maidstone man Jordan Broad 'attacked woman'
- GRIDLOCK: Village near Maidstone grinds to a halt for traveller funeral
- UPDATE: Sutton Valence pub is saved
- LATEST: £1m plan to rebuild much-loved community centre in Maidstone
- LATEST: Yalding post office faces closure
- RICHARD GREENWOOD: Fifty years fighting for Lenham village
- JAILED: Maidstone cocaine dealer sent to prison for two years