CORONAVIRUS: New testing centre opens up on Maidstone housing estate
Monday 30th November 2020
A COVID-19 testing centre has opened up in Maidstone.
It is located at the Shepway Youth and Community Centre car park in Cumberalnd Ave, Shepway.
It is only open to those showing symptoms, such as a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Anyone with one or more of these symptoms should book a test at nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119.
MP Helen Whately said: "Our focus now must be on bringing down the rates of infection in our community so we can lift more restrictions and get more parts of our lives back to some form of normality.
"Regular testing should help with this, so I’m pleased that NHS Test and Trace will be opening a Local Test Site at Shepway Youth Centre car park – making it easier for more people in Maidstone to get a test."
Patients with possible symptoms should book or order a test at nhs.uk/coronavirus. Those unable to access the internet can call 119 in England, Wales and Northern Ireland or 0800 028 2816 in Scotland to book a test.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone