CORONAVIRUS: Now council shuts play areas in public parks
Monday 23rd March 2020
THE council is to shut access to play areas in its public parks with immediate effect.
All vehicular access to the car parks at some open spaces is also prohibited.
In a statement, Maidstone Borough Council will be limiting access to parks and open spaces in the borough with immediate effect.
The decision may have come as a result of widespread flouting of social distancing guidelines over the weekend, designed to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
The parks affected are: Mote Park, South Park, Whatman Park, Clare Park, Cornwallis Park, Penenden Heath, Giddyhorne Lane, Allington Open Space and Cobtree Manor Park.
- CHARGED: Snodland man Steven Seeley, 37, 'grabbed officer's throat'
- CORONAVIRUS: Firefighters see rise in bonfire 999 calls
- CORONAVIRUS: £25million to be awarded to Maidstone businesses
- CORONAVIRUS: Leeds Castle pays tribute to the NHS
- CORONAVIRUS: Help for domestic abuse victims in Kent
- BREAKING: Bearsted hit by six Coronavirus deaths
- GALLERY: Leeds artist to hold virtual tutorials and online shop
- Deer spotted on Weavering Heath last night