CORONAVIRUS: Parish council's stern lockdown warning to people using The Green
Wednesday 27th May 2020
BEARSTED Parish Council has issued a reminder to residents that big gatherings are still banned and groups will be dispersed.
The parish council published a warning on social media to people heading out to meet friends and family on The Green.
A Bearsted Parish Council spokesman said: "It is well published that the current guideline put in place by the Government are for the nation’s safety. Bearsted Parish Council, as custodians of The Green request that our facilities are used inline with current laws.
"Therefore we request that gatherings of friends and family DO NOT take place on The Green, if you bring a picnic to enjoy with your household take the rubbish away with you and that you socially distance yourself from other users.
"If users of The Green do not adhere to the laws currently in place including the by-laws of The Green, Bearsted Parish Council will have no choice and will not hesitate to request assistance from Kent Police."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DETAILS: Resurfacing works on B2012 Lower Boxley Road
- LATEST: Prezzo to reopen in Maidstone
- PLANNED: 18-month road closure in Aylesford
- URGENT: Gas leak repairs near Maidstone
- GALLERY: Maidstone pupils adjust to 'new normal'
- INQUEST: Police took 49 minutes to respond to dad's 999 call
- M20 DISRUPTION: After Op Stack - even more trouble on the motorway