CORONAVIRUS: Heart of Kent Hospice faces closure
Thursday 2nd April 2020
HEART of Kent Hospice faces the threat of closure without donations.
Doctors, nurses and support teams at the hospice are continuing to help over 880 terminally ill patients and their families, both in their homes and in the Hospice Inpatient Unit.
They need to raise atleast £324,300 every month to provide the care and almost all of it comes from fundraising events, charity shops and donations from the public.
Sarah Pugh, Heart of Kent Hospice Chief Executive, said: "We are facing a funding crisis like never before and face the threat of closure without your support."
"It’s difficult to live with a terminal illness, but the coronavirus epidemic has made it so much more frightening.
"As you can imagine, with the cancellation of fundraising activities and the closure of our shops, most of this income has vanished overnight.
"Every day more of our local population will be diagnosed with a terminal illness and will be referred to our care. We know that some people will die before their time because of the coronavirus and we want them to also receive the compassion, comfort and dignity which our Hospice provides.
"Sadly, we also know that many more people will need the support of our bereavement services, as families and friends will be left devastated by the sudden loss of those they love and by not being able to say goodbye properly.”
To donate, please visit https://www.hokh.org/donation-appeal/ or call Fundraising 01622 790195. Postal donations can be sent to Heart of Kent Hospice, Preston Hall, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 7PU
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- LATEST: New date set for World Custard Pie Championships
- EXCLUSIVE: Council's secret plans for £15m taxpayer-funded new HQ
- LATEST: Water use rockets in Kent
- URGENT APPEAL: Buttercups 'must close in six weeks' due to lack of funds
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Lockdown restrictions eased
- PICTURES: Disposable barbecue sparks skip blaze in Aylesford
- WARNING: 21 day closure near Maidstone - full details