COUNTY SHOW: Special road restrictions in place, July 6-8
Friday 6th July 2018
THE Kent County Show gets underway this morning and will attract tens of thousands of visitors from across the country over its three days.
But organisers have warned motorists to be aware of restrictions in place while the event is being staged, especially on the A249.
On the mornings of the show, a southbound lane of the A249 is to be closed off with temporary traffic lights on the northbound carriageway.
This will allow show-bound traffic easier and safe right-turn access into the showgrounds.
There is a 50mph speed limit on the A249 over the three days with crossover closures in places.
And in the evenings, there will be a set of temporary lights at the showgrounds' main and field exit.
Additionally, as attendees leave Detling, the traffic lights at the Stockbury roundabout will be switched off on the M2.
Kent County Show is open from 8am to 6pm every day.
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze