COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
Friday 30th July 2021
THE burnt-out barge on the River Medway, once the Embankments restaurant, has become the subject on an enforcement order by the borough council.
It went up in flames in February last year and its owner has indicated he would like to restore the craft, which is moored on council land.
Proceedings have started to remove the boat from the embankment.
Councillors have said that with a consultation due to start on the future of the Archbishop's Palace, the "eyesore" had to be removed.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone