COURT DATE: James Campbell faces Maidstone and Aylesford car crime charges
Wednesday 8th June 2022
A MAN has been charged as part of an investigation into a series of burglaries in areas including Maidstone and Aylesford.
James Campbell, of Tilbury, Essex, was arrested by police yesterday in connection with break-ins where vehicles were stolen from driveways or items taken rom them.
Kent Police said: "The offences are alleged to have taken place during May, when victims also reported items including power tools and wallets being stolen.
"Mr Campbell, of Stephenson Avenue, Tilbury, Essex was charged with nine counts of burglary, an attempted burglary and two motoring offences. These included crimes also reported in areas of Essex. The 29-year-old was remanded to appear before Medway Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 8 June.
"His arrest followed that of two other suspects, Benjamin Legg, 27 and Jack Piccolo, 25, who were previously charged with seven and 10 burglaries respectively, and which also included offences in Rochester.
"Mr Legg, of Academy Drive Road, Basildon, Essex and Mr Piccolo, of Station Parade, Barking, Greater London were both also charged with one count of theft of bank cards. They appeared before Medway Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 28 May and are remanded to a hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on a date to be confirmed."
- Message from Downs Mail President Dennis Fowle
- STATEMENT: Downs Mail goes into liquidation
- 999: Langley burglary suspect detained by police
- WARNING: Wear a seatbelt of face a fine of £500 - claim police
- Wine and beer tasting for Hospices of Hope charity
- Wendy's burger joint is coming to Maidstone - details
- Tonbridge and Malling residents get best value for council tax in Kent - survey
- Free Heart of Kent Hospice Treasure Trail next month - details