COURT: Woman, 60s, left restrained for TWO DAYS by cash thief
Thursday 22nd April 2021
A SUSPECT is due to appear in court today charged with an aggravated burglary near Staplehurst.
The offence took place at around 6pm on April 4 where a woman was left restrained for two days in her own home.
Billy Williams, 28, of Smarden Road, will appear before Medway Magistrates’ Court on April 22.
Investigators are also appealing for the owner of a cycle to contact them. The black mountain bike was recovered by officers in Staplehurst on April 10.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Kimber of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: "During the course of enquiries into this incident our investigators were alerted by a member of the public to the abandoned bike.
"We suspect it may be stolen and might be of relevance to our investigation. We are urging the owner to call the appeal line."
Anybody with information should call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/56590/21.
You can also contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or by using the online form on their website.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone