COVID-19: Two million in Kent get jab - find out where to go to get yours
Wednesday 7th July 2021
MORE than two million people in Kent have had the COVID-19 vaccine.
First doses have been given to 1.2m while 900,000 have had their second injection.
Residents can now find 13 pharmacies and 10 GP-led vaccination clinics on the national booking service, with a further four GP sites due to be added soon.
Anyone can use GP services listed on the national booking system and you don’t need to be registered with the practice.
The #GrabAJab campaign continues with walk-in clinics in locations across the county, including one at Malling.
In six months, more than two million COVID-19 doses have been given in Kent and Medway, with 1,212,538 first doses (as at 1 July) and 909,492 second doses (as at 1 July).
Paula Wilkins, Chief Nurse, of NHS Kent and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We are enormously grateful to the hundreds of volunteers who have supported this huge rollout and the dozens of community-based organisations that have shared insight into reaching some hard-to-reach groups of people, as well as the vaccination teams themselves.
"We have received incredible support from local councils and other partners across Kent and Medway – we couldn’t have got this far without you.’’
- 2,122,030 total vaccines given
- 44% of 18-29 year olds had first dose
- 64% of 30-39 year olds had first dose
- 87% of top 9 priority groups had both doses
(Figures are for position on 27 June 2021. Weekly data is published by NHS England on Thursdays.)
Go to: www.kentandmedwayccg.nhs.uk/covid19vaccine to find your local vaccination centre and how to book.
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone