COVID LATEST: New Maidstone drive-through vaccination centre
Wednesday 13th January 2021
A new covid-19 vaccination centre for south Maidstone and Weald of Kent opens next Monday (9am-4pm) at Headcorn Aerodrome.
Last week NHS Kent and Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) announced one centre would be based in the Headcorn Surgery in Grigg Lane to serve patients from 11 GP surgeries and that vaccinations would start two days ago (Monday).
Now both the aerodrome and Ticehurst have been added as vaccination centres for this large area.
The aerodrome site is well known to the east of the village on the Tenterden road, has plentiful space and parking and has recently served the NHS in the earlier days of the pandemic.
A spokesman for the aerodrome said arrangements had been made with the CCG for fast drive-through vaccinations during an open-ended trial period, with patients chaperoned in their cars to the medical team.
The GP surgeries are now making vaccination bookings for patients at the three sites.
One patient contacted the Downs Mail to welcome the move and said he and his wife had appointments for next Monday (January 18) at the aerodrome with the second vaccinations booked there for Monday March 29. They must take proof of identification.
The GP surgeries covered at three sites are: Yalding, Marden, Staplehurst Health Centre, Howell Surgery (Brenchley), Northridge Medical Practice (Hawkhurst), Lamberhurst, Old Parsonage Surgery (Goudhurst), Old School Surgery (Cranbrook), Crane Practice, Wish Valley (Hawkhurst), Orchard End Surgery (Cranbrook).
The CCG says: “People are being contacted directly the vaccine is available for them. We are asking everyone to please be patient and not to contact GP surgeries unless they have been sent an invitation.”
- Message from Downs Mail President Dennis Fowle
- STATEMENT: Downs Mail goes into liquidation
- 999: Langley burglary suspect detained by police
- WARNING: Wear a seatbelt of face a fine of £500 - claim police
- Wine and beer tasting for Hospices of Hope charity
- Wendy's burger joint is coming to Maidstone - details
- Tonbridge and Malling residents get best value for council tax in Kent - survey
- Free Heart of Kent Hospice Treasure Trail next month - details