CRACKDOWN: MBC seize two vehicles for flytipping
Tuesday 8th October 2019
SUSPECTED flytippers and illegal waste carriers were targeted last night as part of an evening of action to crackdown on the crime.
Maidstone Borough Council along with Medway Council teamed up with Kent Police’s Rural Task Force to carry out enquiries, seize vehicles and collate evidence.
Two vehicles were seized as a result of the operation. One in relation to a fly tip in Bell Lane, Cossington and the other in relation to a fly tip in Brunell Close, Allington.
Nine vehicles were also stopped and searched in total.
Maidstone Borough Council’s Waste Crime Manager said: “Fly tipping is a criminal offence. No matter how big or small the fly tip, the Waste Crime Team will take action against anyone who is caught.
"We will continue to deploy our covert CCTV and work closely with other agencies such as Kent Police and other Kent authorities to bring the illegal waste carriers and fly tippers to justice.”
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire