CRASH: Air ambulance crew arrive to help person trapped inside overturned car
Thursday 25th April 2019
THERE are reports of an overturned car on the M26 Eastbound.
Kent Police was called at 1.49pm on Thursday 25 April regarding a collision involving two cars on the eastbound carriageway of the M26 between junctions 1 and 2A.
Officers and the South East Coast Ambulance Service are currently at the scene where a person is being treated for injuries.
Fire crews are also in attendance to free a person who is trapped in one of the cars.
The eastbound carriageway has been closed while emergency services are dealing with the incident.
The westbound carriageway will be briefly closed to allow the air ambulance to land.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service is responding to a crash involving two cars between junction 1 and junction 2A (Kent bound) on the M26.
"There are three fire engines on the scene and crews are using hydraulic rescue equipment to free one person trapped inside a vehicle. Another person is in the care of SECAmb paramedics. The road is currently closed whilst emergency services are on the scene."
Drivers may wish to consider alternative routes.
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning