CRASH: Air ambulance crew arrive to help person trapped inside overturned car
Thursday 25th April 2019
THERE are reports of an overturned car on the M26 Eastbound.
Kent Police was called at 1.49pm on Thursday 25 April regarding a collision involving two cars on the eastbound carriageway of the M26 between junctions 1 and 2A.
Officers and the South East Coast Ambulance Service are currently at the scene where a person is being treated for injuries.
Fire crews are also in attendance to free a person who is trapped in one of the cars.
The eastbound carriageway has been closed while emergency services are dealing with the incident.
The westbound carriageway will be briefly closed to allow the air ambulance to land.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said: "Kent Fire and Rescue Service is responding to a crash involving two cars between junction 1 and junction 2A (Kent bound) on the M26.
"There are three fire engines on the scene and crews are using hydraulic rescue equipment to free one person trapped inside a vehicle. Another person is in the care of SECAmb paramedics. The road is currently closed whilst emergency services are on the scene."
Drivers may wish to consider alternative routes.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home