CRIME: Clampdown on nuisance vehicles near Maidstone
Monday 11th February 2019
MOTORISTS who break the law and continually cause a nuisance face having their vehicles seized following a clampdown in Larkfield.
Kent Police has been contacted by concerned residents regarding the antisocial use of cars and motorbikes in the New Hythe Lane area.
Since January 21 this year, local officers have formally warned two drivers that their vehicles will be seized if their behaviour persists. A further seven have been issued with warnings regarding antisocial behaviour.
PC Becky Ballard said: “We are aware of reports of antisocial behaviour in the village including motorists causing a nuisance during the evenings.
“Having offered advice about their conduct, we are now using enforcement against those who persist in breaking the law or acting in an antisocial manner with their vehicles. We will also instigate dispersal orders in the area where problems continue and further issues are raised by residents.”
Police have been working closely with partner agencies and landowners to help detect and deter those who may be breaking the law.
PC Ballard added: “As well as enforcing the law, we have worked with local businesses who have issued eight warnings concerning trespass on their land with a vehicle.”
Drivers and riders are reminded that officers from the Tonbridge and Malling Community Safety Unit have powers, under the Road Traffic Act, to prosecute and seize any vehicles being used illegally.
To report antisocial behaviour or illegal driving and motorbike riding call 101, or 999 if a crime is in progress.
- M20: Highways England issues weekly list of disruptions and delays
- SCHOOLS: Council resists public protests and passes M20 application
- BLAZE: Victim suffers facial burns in out of control bonfire near Maidstone
- WARNING: Emergency road closure on busy road in Maidstone
- FOUND: Police arrest man in connection to Land Rover theft near Maidstone
- UPDATE: Motorway re-opens after two car collision
- CRASH: Air ambulance crew arrive to help person trapped inside overturned car
- M20: Broken down lorry blocks lane on motorway in Maidstone