CRIME: Man 'threatened with knife' in a bar toilet in Maidstone
Wednesday 12th June 2019
A MAN was arrested after reports a person was threatened with a knife in a bar toilet in Maidstone.
During the early hours of Sunday, June 9, Kent Police were called to a premises in Market Buildings, where it is alleged the victim was approached shortly after midnight.
Security staff at the location detained the suspect until officers arrived at the scene. The man, aged 26 and from Wateringbury, was then arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon and assault.
He was later released pending further investigation.
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Highways England announces diversions tonight on M20 and M2
- WARNING: Van man stalker 'followed me into woods' says female dog walker
- Collateral to stop in Kent as part of nation-wide tour
- GALLERY: Pictures from inside Leeds Castle of its enchanting festival of flowers
- ROAD CLOSURE: Sewer works planned for up to 12 days near Maidstone
- POLL: Does Maidstone Borough Council provide good value for money? VOTE NOW
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash causing delays on the A249 near Maidstone
- FIRE: Crews tackle mattress blaze in Maidstone shopping centre