CRIME: Officers seize lock knife from suspected shoplifter in Maidstone
Wednesday 15th May 2019
OFFICERS seized a lock knife from a suspected shoplifter in the centre of Maidstone.
The weapon was located by patrols following a stop and search in the area.
Officers approached a man who was seen entering Brenchley Gardens shortly after 12pm on Tuesday, May 14 2019.
He was made subject of a search and the knife was found inside a jacket pocket.
Enquiries led to him also being identified as a suspect for a number of thefts from stores in the town centre.
The man, aged 23, from Maidstone was arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife in a public place and theft offences. He was later released, pending further investigation.
- HEADCORN STABBING: arrested man released on police bail - details
- MURDER LATEST: Stop Maidstone's 'descent into barbarism' - local councillor
- MURDER: Four arrested after man 'was stabbed to death' in Maidstone
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: man knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20