CRIME: Stop and search in Maidstone leads to knife and drug charges
Monday 15th April 2019
A KNIFE and drugs have been seized after a man seen acting suspiciously was stopped and searched in Brenchley Gardens.
Officers from the Community Safety Unit arrested James Daniels at around 3.15pm on Friday, April 12 2019, on suspicion of possessing a bladed article in a public place and for possessing cannabis.
Mr Daniels (20,) of Hughenden Reach in Tovil was later charged with both offences. He is bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 3 May.
District Commander, Chief Inspector Ray Quiller said: “My officers are proactively patrolling our public spaces at all times of the day, and will respond to anybody acting suspiciously in order to protect residents and visitors to Kent’s county town.
“Anybody who unlawfully carries a knife or other weapon should expect to be stopped and arrested.”
- CLOSED: Emergency water leak repair shuts road for FOUR DAYS - details
- PANTO NEWS: Blazing sunshine for Hazlitt's Beauty & the Beast
- ROAD CLOSURE: Busy highway near Maidstone to shut for BT work - details
- HOUSING: Council announces 5,000 homes for Lenham as 'master developer'
- Kent Police step in to reassure drivers after Highways England blunder
- ARSON: Businessman lost everything when firebug thieves struck his premises
- ANDRE BENT MURDER: More arrests
- Council rejects calls to halt house-building so infrastructure can catch up