CRIME: Stop and search in Maidstone leads to knife and drug charges
Monday 15th April 2019
A KNIFE and drugs have been seized after a man seen acting suspiciously was stopped and searched in Brenchley Gardens.
Officers from the Community Safety Unit arrested James Daniels at around 3.15pm on Friday, April 12 2019, on suspicion of possessing a bladed article in a public place and for possessing cannabis.
Mr Daniels (20,) of Hughenden Reach in Tovil was later charged with both offences. He is bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 3 May.
District Commander, Chief Inspector Ray Quiller said: “My officers are proactively patrolling our public spaces at all times of the day, and will respond to anybody acting suspiciously in order to protect residents and visitors to Kent’s county town.
“Anybody who unlawfully carries a knife or other weapon should expect to be stopped and arrested.”
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze