CRIME: Stop and search in Maidstone leads to knife and drug charges
Monday 15th April 2019
A KNIFE and drugs have been seized after a man seen acting suspiciously was stopped and searched in Brenchley Gardens.
Officers from the Community Safety Unit arrested James Daniels at around 3.15pm on Friday, April 12 2019, on suspicion of possessing a bladed article in a public place and for possessing cannabis.
Mr Daniels (20,) of Hughenden Reach in Tovil was later charged with both offences. He is bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 3 May.
District Commander, Chief Inspector Ray Quiller said: “My officers are proactively patrolling our public spaces at all times of the day, and will respond to anybody acting suspiciously in order to protect residents and visitors to Kent’s county town.
“Anybody who unlawfully carries a knife or other weapon should expect to be stopped and arrested.”
- SCHOOLS: Council resists public protests and passes M20 application
- BLAZE: Victim suffers facial burns in out of control bonfire near Maidstone
- WARNING: Emergency road closure on busy road in Maidstone
- FOUND: Police arrest man in connection to Land Rover theft near Maidstone
- UPDATE: Motorway re-opens after two car collision
- CRASH: Air ambulance crew arrive to help person trapped inside overturned car
- M20: Broken down lorry blocks lane on motorway in Maidstone
- M20 WARNING: Broken down caravan blocks lane in Maidstone