CRIME: Teenager held checkout staff at knife-point in Maidstone supermarket
Wednesday 24th April 2019
A 15-year-old boy held checkout staff at knife-point in a supermarket in Maidstone.
It is reported at around 1pm on Tuesday April 23, checkout staff at the Sainsbury’s store in Loose Road were threatened by a person who was armed with a knife.
No money was handed over and the suspect is alleged to have fled empty handed.
Officers attended and carried out a search of the local area and identified a suspect in Boughton Lane who was stopped and searched. A knife was recovered from a bag and he was arrested.
A 15-year-old boy from Maidstone has now been charged with possessing an offensive weapon in a public place and attempted robbery.
He is bailed to appear before Medway Magistrates’ Court on May 7.
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home