CUSTODY: Drive ban ice cream man 'fails roadside drug test'
Friday 10th July 2020
AN ice cream man was pulled over by police in Headcorn and failed a roadside drugs test.
The disqualfiied driver intially gave false details to officers. His van was seized and impounded by police.
He remains in custody.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Shortly before 5.05pm on Thursday 9 July 2020, officers from Kent Police’s Roads Policing Unit stopped an ice cream van in Mote Road, Headcorn, after noticing the driver was not wearing a seatbelt.
"The 31-year-old man from Bexhill, East Sussex, was then arrested on suspicion of drug-driving and driving while disqualified."
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- LATEST: Plan for 80 flats on former Somerfield Hospital site
- SPORTS: The Mote features in cricket grounds book
- LATEST: Kent Covid-19 deaths reach 1,650
- NEW M&S: Eclipse Park store opens tomorrow - details
- BREAKING: Police attend broken down vehicle on main road near Maidstone
- CLOSED: Delays and disruption as burst water main shuts road near Maidstone
- DELAYS: New roundabout works near Maidstone