CUSTODY: Man charged following knifepoint robbery in Maidstone
Wednesday 2nd December 2020
A MAN has been charged and remains in custody following a knifepoint robbery in Maidstone.
Jason Barnes (47) of no fixed address, allegedly approached a man in his 20s with the weapon in Lynley Close at around 5pm on November 30.
It is alleged he demanded cash before leaving empty handed.
A local PCSO responded to the incident and, after spotting a man near Sutton Road, was joined by officers who made an arrest. Officers also seized two knives.
Mr Barnes was later charged with attempted robbery and two counts of possession of a knife.
He was also charged with one count of assaulting an emergency worker relating to an incident at the time of his arrest.
- ROAD CLOSURE: Six day closure for another burst water main
- 999: Police arrest suspected drug dealer in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: MP lashes out at 'smart motorways' after deaths
- FOUND: Police find missing 34-year-old Maidstone man - details
- WARNING: Busy road shuts for EIGHT DAYS for pipe repair works
- URGENT APPEAL: Police search for missing Maidstone man
- WARNING: Power outage affecting homes and traffic lights near Maidstone
- LEEDS DIVERSION: Busy road to shut for pothole blitz