Cancer care Christmas collections
Friday 22nd November 2013
MARIE Curie Cancer Care will be holding Christmas collections at The Mall, Maidstone, on December 7, when they will be joined by a choir, and on December 20, when they will be joined by Roadchef (Maidstone).
Marie Curie Nurses work throughout the Christmas period, providing free care for people with terminal illnesses in their own homes.
Charlotte Jones, community fundraiser for the charity, said: “Christmas can be a very difficult time for some families, especially when a loved one is terminally ill. Marie Curie nurses make it possible for more terminally ill people to spend Christmas in their place of choice, surrounded by the people and things they love.”
The charity is also looking for local people to collect during the charity’s biggest fundraising campaign, the Great Daffodil Appeal. For more information call Charlotte Jones, on 01622 688656, or visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil.
To get help from Marie Curie Cancer Care, talk to your GP, district nurse or discharge nurse. For more information, visit www.mariecurie.org.uk.
- ROAD CLOSURE: Six day closure for another burst water main
- 999: Police arrest suspected drug dealer in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: MP lashes out at 'smart motorways' after deaths
- FOUND: Police find missing 34-year-old Maidstone man - details
- WARNING: Busy road shuts for EIGHT DAYS for pipe repair works
- URGENT APPEAL: Police search for missing Maidstone man
- WARNING: Power outage affecting homes and traffic lights near Maidstone
- LEEDS DIVERSION: Busy road to shut for pothole blitz