Car thief stole from a driveway in Maidstone - jail term
Tuesday 3rd December 2019
A SERIAL burglar who stole vehicles from driveways in Maidstone has been sent to a young offenders' prison.
In 2018, Kyle Ainsley (20)committed a string of offences, targeting homes in our area.
A court heard how in the early hours of August 23, victims living at a property in Adbert Drive, East Farleigh, were disturbed by a car engine running outside. They then witnessed Ainsley driving off with their Audi A3 which had been parked on the driveway.
Two days later, a Citroen C3 was stolen after a house in Sycamore Road, Strood was burgled.
A further theft took place shortly after, when a Volkswagen Tiguan was stolen from an address in Farm Hill Avenue, Strood after the front door was forced open with a screwdriver and the keys taken.
Ainsley, of Dagenham, was arrested on September in Essex.
At Maidstone Crown Court he pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary, two counts of theft and a charge of attempted burglary. A further six offences will lie on file. On Monday December 2, Ainsley was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment.
Leading the investigation was Detective Constable Dan Bister, who said: ‘Ainsley was intent on stealing valuable cars from the driveways of Kent residents in the depths of the night.
"Driving with no insurance or valid licence, he also posed a significant threat to other drivers on the road at the time of the crimes.
"He is still a young man and I only hope this sentence will at least cause him to reflect on his actions and perhaps begin to understand the profound and long lasting impact burglary offences have on victims."
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone
- VOTE NOW: Should Lib Dem council suspend house-building programme?
- SURVEY: Find out how your MP rates in a new study
- LATEST: Busy road to shut for 10 nights in Maidstone
- CHARGED: Two men remain in custody over multiple car key burglaries in Maidstone
- M20: Police stop traffic to conduct migrant search in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Maidstone Crown Court evacuated after fire
- WARNING: Service road to shut in Maidstone