Cars targeted by thieves in Loose and Shepway
Friday 9th September 2016
Seven cars have been targeted by thieves in the Maidstone area over two days with satnavs, tools and a mp3 player taken.
Loose and Shepway have borne the brunt of the thefts which took place on Wednesday and Thursday.
Kent Police is warning car owners to take steps to guard their belongings.
Ensuring all doors and windows are locked, even if you are only leaving your vehicle for a short period of time.
Parking in a secure, well-lit area.
Not leaving items on display.
Removing valuable items, including tools, from the vehicle overnight.
Placing items in the boot if you need to leave your while you’re out.
Ensuring that the vehicle’s alarm or immobiliser is switched on, if you have one.
Wiping away suction marks left on your windscreen.
Listing valuable items, such as satnavs, on www.immobilise.com - a free service that helps officers return stolen items if they have been found or seized.
Security marking items so they can be identified when found or seized.
- London architects chosen by council for Archbishop's Palace's future
- LENHAM HEATH: MP survey shows massive opposition to council 5,000 homes plan
- CRASH: Main road shuts in BOTH directions following serious RTC near Maidstone
- RTC: Crash sparks major delays in Maidstone
- Bright sparks bring some light to the lives of homeless
- CRIME: Dispersal order results in more than 17 arrests in Maidstone
- URGENT APPEAL: Thieves steal cars before colliding with police near Maidstone
- LATEST: Plan for 421 homes in Otham