Casino night in Megan's memory
Tuesday 29th September 2015
A CHARITY casino night has been organised in memory of former Mid Kent College student Megan Fox, with the aim of helping seriously ill children and teenagers.
Meggie Moo’s Charity Do, a black tie dinner dance with music and magic as well as a chance to play the tables, takes place at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel and Country Club on Saturday, October 3.
Funds raised will go to Megan’s Wish List, a charity set up by the teenager’s family to help the physical and mental health of children suffering from disabilities and potential life-threatening illnesses in the Maidstone, Tonbridge and Malling, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks areas.
Megan Fox grew up in Addington and Leybourne and went to Offham Primary School and Wrotham Secondary School. She had just started a health and social care course at Mid Kent College in October 2013 when she was admitted to Kings College Hospital, London, and diagnosed with a brain tumour.
Soon after celebrating her 17th birthday on February 18 last year, she was readmitted to hospital for a further brain operation and tragically lost her battle with the cancer a month later on March 14 – her mum’s birthday.
Megan’s Wish List as a local charity to help raise money to assist where possible local children and teenagers who are suffering life changing illnesses/disabilities.
If you are an individual, group or business that can help with donations, sponsorship or with fundraising, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire