Charity award nominations invited
Tuesday 11th August 2015
Following the resounding success of last year’s inaugural awards, entries are now being invited for the 2015/16 Kent Charity Awards.
Chairman of judges, Susan Robinson from Kreston Reeves said, “The judges were overwhelmed and enthused by the number of charity entries last year. We are looking forward to receiving even more this year from both previous and new entrants, reflecting the great work that is being done in Kent.”
This year there will be two new categories: the Volunteer of the Year and the Trustee of the Year.
Other categories are: Care Charity of the Year, Animal Charity of the Year, Children’s Charity of the Year, Voluntary Organisation of the Year and the Community & Environment Charity of the Year.
For details of how to make a nomination go to kentcharityawards.com.
The overall winner of last year’s awards was Kent Search and Rescue. Fundraising manager Ed Franklin said: “For everyone at Kent Search & Rescue it was a great achievement to win but, more importantly, it recognises the efforts of our volunteers to help vulnerable people in their hour of need. Respect for the privacy of the missing person means that our work often remains unnoticed by the general public, but this award will certainly help to raise our profile, generate vital funding and attract new volunteers.”
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- UPDATE: Bearsted road closure rescheduled - details
- LATEST: Speed limit plan backed near Maidstone
- LEEDS CASTLE: Attraction faces huge losses and job cuts
- CCTV APPEAL: Purse stolen from car in Maidstone - can you help?
- APPEAL: Pensioner has wallet stolen at Aylesford supermarket
- WARNING: Two bikes stolen in Maidstone town centre in one day
- UPDATE: Two drivers rushed to hospital following major collision near Maidstone