Charity offers art workshops
Wednesday 16th July 2014
THE Blackthorn Trust is launching a series of Saturday workshops to highlight the work of the charity and teach locals new tricks.
Art and flowers form a large part of the package, which got underway on July 5, with a three-part "Working with Watercolour" workshop led by artist Beryl Bush.
There will be two cut flower workshops on July 26 and August 30, when visitors will get a tour of the Blackthorn Garden and the chance to chat with the charity’s experienced gardeners, before retiring for refreshments and cake and the chance to learn how to grow beautiful, seasonal carbon-neutral flowers before cutting and arranging your own personal bunch to take home.
Tickets for this are just £5 and the sessions last from 10.30am to 12.30pm.
In August, there are four sessions on "Art for Health and Wellbeing" led by Blackthorn’s own art therapist.
Classes for adults (aged 14+) are on August 2 and 16, again from 10.30am to 12.30pm, while there are two classes for children aged 7-13 on the alternate Saturdays, August 9 and 23.
For further information, visit www.blackthorn.org.uk or telephone 01622 722219.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone