Czech national charged with M20 death of Susan Mellor
Tuesday 17th May 2016
A man has been charged following a collision on the M20 near Maidstone in which a 74-year-old woman died.
Jaroslav Horvath, 40, from the Czech Republic, was charged with causing death by dangerous driving following the crash at junction 7 (Detling).
Retired insurance clerk Susan Mellor, from Sherbourne Drive, Maidstone, died on Sunday, December 6 after her red Nissan Qashqai was involved in a collision with a red Mercedes articulated lorry.
The accident happened at about 5am on the entry slip road of the London-bound carriageway, closing the road in both directions.
Mrs Mellor, known to many as Sue, had a wide circle of family and friends around the town, as well as in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. She left a son, two daughters, a brother and a sister.
An inquest, which was adjourned pending the outcome of the police investigation, hard that she died of multiple injuries.
Her family said: "Mum's laughter touched so many people, leaving a smile in all of our hearts. Sue was the life and soul of the party and would want to be remembered laughing and dancing."
Horvath was bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates Court on June 24.
- M20 DELAYS: Incident causing issues this morning - details
- LENHAM HEATH: Now the Labour group leader pulls out of Friday's public meeting
- TONIGHT: M20 to shut overnight near Maidstone
- M20 CHAOS: Broken down lorry sparks MORE disruption near Maidstone
- M20 TRAFFIC: Collision blocks lane near Maidstone
- BEARSTED: HGV mounts pavement near The Green
- TRAFFIC WARNING: Road shuts for SEVEN days to clear flytipping near Maidstone
- Special birthday for Kent Life rural attraction