Czech national charged with M20 death of Susan Mellor
Tuesday 17th May 2016
A man has been charged following a collision on the M20 near Maidstone in which a 74-year-old woman died.
Jaroslav Horvath, 40, from the Czech Republic, was charged with causing death by dangerous driving following the crash at junction 7 (Detling).
Retired insurance clerk Susan Mellor, from Sherbourne Drive, Maidstone, died on Sunday, December 6 after her red Nissan Qashqai was involved in a collision with a red Mercedes articulated lorry.
The accident happened at about 5am on the entry slip road of the London-bound carriageway, closing the road in both directions.
Mrs Mellor, known to many as Sue, had a wide circle of family and friends around the town, as well as in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. She left a son, two daughters, a brother and a sister.
An inquest, which was adjourned pending the outcome of the police investigation, hard that she died of multiple injuries.
Her family said: "Mum's laughter touched so many people, leaving a smile in all of our hearts. Sue was the life and soul of the party and would want to be remembered laughing and dancing."
Horvath was bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates Court on June 24.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- HEATWAVE: Temperatures to hit 34C this afternoon in Maidstone
- LATEST: 495 active Covid-19 cases in Maidstone
- OVERNIGHT: Blue Bell Hill to shut - details
- UPDATE: Bearsted road closure rescheduled - details
- LATEST: Speed limit plan backed near Maidstone
- LEEDS CASTLE: Attraction faces huge losses and job cuts
- CCTV APPEAL: Purse stolen from car in Maidstone - can you help?