DAN WAITE: Tributes to cyclist who died on the A20
Thursday 11th July 2019
THE family of a cyclist who died after a collison with a tipper truck have paid tribute to a loving "larger than life" father and husband.
Daniel Waite (43) died at the scene on the A20 at 8pm on July 3.
Paramedics at the scene, near the junction for Leeds castle and Leeds village were unable to save Mr Waite, a father of two.
In a statement, wife Sarah said: "Dan “Waitey” was a larger than life character, who really was the nicest person you could ever meet. His big grin was infectious and he had time for everyone.
"Dan was a generous, caring son, husband, father, brother and friend who is sorely missed already and will be remembered so fondly, with many good memories.
"He lived his life to the fullest and this could be seen through his enjoyment of sport. A passionate and dedicated team player with his local football club and cycling group.
"On the slopes he was a thrill-seeking skier and loved sharing this with his family every year. He had a real zest for life and those around him loved his passion and being in his company.
"His ability to give will still remain as we remember him for the amazing man and father that he is. His stories will help us fill the gap that his presence leaves in our daily lives.
"Dan did not get nearly enough time to finish what he was here to do and will be deeply missed by all who knew him. Those who knew him will feel privileged and grateful to have had a chance to know him as he leaves memories of good times in our thoughts and hearts."
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze