DRUG ARRESTS: Two charged over crack and heroin in Maidstone
Monday 26th September 2016
Officers have charged two people following arrests in Maidstone in connection with the use and supply of Class A drugs.
On Friday, 23 September police arrested two men at a location close to the Millennium Bridge.
Abdul Jalloh, 23, of Peckham Park Road. Peckham, London has since been charged with possessing heroin and crack cocaine, with intent to supply. Jalloh appeared at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 24 September, where he was remanded into custody.
A second man, aged 23 and of no fixed address, was issued with a caution for possessing cannabis.
In an unrelated matter, later the same day police executed search warrants at two addresses in Hart Street, Maidstone. Scott Howarth, 25, of Hart Street was arrested and later charged with possessing cocaine and cannabis. Howarth has been bailed to appear at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on 10 November.
Residents are reminded that their help remains vital in tackling the misuse of drugs. If you see anything suspicious or have any information call 101, or 999 if it’s an emergency. Alternatively, contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight