Deer spotted on Weavering Heath last night
Thursday 2nd April 2020
DEER has been spotted on Weavering Heath.
The animal, believed to be a roe, was seen on the open space at 8pm last night.
The heath is in the process of being granted village green status which would prevent development on the land.
A Grove Green resident said: "Someone saw it last night just as it was getting dark and, as soon as it was disturbed, it ran off. We can only surmise that because the roads are so quiet, it drifted onto the heath.
"It's in the nature of deer to roam and they do pop up in the oddest of places."
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population