Detectives appeal for information after discovery of gold coins near Maidstone
Wednesday 27th February 2019
DETECTIVES are seeking to find the rightful owners of a collection of gold coins discovered near Maidstone by a member of the public.
A total of nine coins of varying size and denomination were found in an area close to Allington Castle.
The items were contained inside three small boxes and it is suspected they may have been stolen. Due to the condition they were found in, it is believed they had been left at the location for a lengthy period of time.
They were handed in to police on November 19 2018 and enquiries have been ongoing to establish who may own them.
Officers are now issuing images of the coins, which include the word Britannia on them and which all appear to have been minted during the previous decade.
If you have any information please call the west Kent appeals line on 01622 604100, quoting reference KP-20181119-0807
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight